04 dezembro 2009

Cosplay Interview: kawaiiKumo

English version:

I first came up with kawaiiKumo DA thanks to Marino. When I saw them doing the Moonfish from K-On it cracked me up and while looking at kawaiiKumo pictures I saw another picture that made me laugh a lot, the Ranka with the giant carrot. I knew there that I had to know more about her and here's the result! Thanks to Marino too for the support saying I should just go ahead and ask. XD

kawaiiKumo deviantArt: http://kawaiikumo.deviantart.com/



1)Please introduce yourself a little.

Hello. I’m a 22-year old student of European Ethnology in Munich/Germany. I’m living together with my boyfriend in the middle of Munich (If anybody needs a place to stay for a couple of nights: Just ask us!). After my studies I want to work as a Journalist, I already worked at Germanys biggest youth magazine and some other newspapers and TV stations.


2)When did you start cosplaying? And how was the feeling in the first event you went as a cosplayer?

I started to cosplay at Animagic 2003 – the biggest convention in Germany that time. My first costume was Meroko from „Fullmoon wo sagashite“. I didn’t made it myself, like the following three costumes. For Christmas 2004 my grandfather gave me a sewing machine and I started sewing on my own.
I wore Meroko all (!) three conventions days. And I feel so good. People came and start talking with me just because I wear some costume. In my first cosplay years I get to know so many people, most of them are my friends nowadays. That makes me really happy. After these three days my feet hurt so much because of the highheel shoes.


3)What is important for a character so you decide to cosplay him/her?

First of all, the character needs to represent a part of myself. Look at Yui from K-On. She’s so lazy and stupid, but so lovely. It’s like a mirror – a bit. Another way I choose costumes: The outfit must be cute. That’s very lame, huh? But after thinking: „Oh, that looks nice!“ I mostly watch the show or read the manga.
And I’m also part of a Coplay-Musical-Group named „Tsuki no Senshi“. We’re became quite popular with our Kingdom Hearts Musicals. Next time we’re doing „Eternal Sonata“ and I’m acting Beat.



4)So far what is your favorite costume?

I really love my Taiga-Costume, but I’m not 100% happy with my wig. But I love Taiga so much, I’m really happy about this costume. And my Yui-dress is love. It´s so comfy – same as my red overall for Ranka. Comfy costumes are good.


5)And still about costumes, what was the hardest costume you had to make? Or the one that gave you the most headaches.

Nia from „Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan“.
I wanted that costume for years but was always to afraid to made it. I’m really bad at crafting stuff and Nia wears all this jewelry. I used three month of thinking how to make everything. The sewing part was pretty easy and the crafting was fun, because everything worked out like I imagine. I like doing her cloak for the next shooting!


6)Tell us more about your Ranka with the big carrot. It's such an amazing and funny cosplay.

Oh my. The Carrot!! XD At first it was a joke but in the end I just has to made it.
I really like Ranka and „Ninjin Loves yeah“ is some funny little song. It was really hard for me to make the Carrot. I used a foam roll and cut it into form with a knife. We have foam fuzz everywhere. And slip the fabric over the carrot-form was hell; glad my boyfriend helped me there. I wore the costume Saturday morning at Connichi, where I worked as a Con-Helper. On Saturday they always selling the last 500 tickets fort he Convention so people rowing since the early morning in front of the Convention Hall. My friends and me have the idea to entertain the waiting crowd a bit. We bought looooot´s of carrots and gave them away while singing „Ninjin loves yeah“ and talk a bit with everybody. . After my Carrots (the real ones XD) was gone I gave away convention schedules...That was really funny, even thought I feel a bit naked with nothing except the black leggings, shirt and the carrot.



7)You have any future cosplays in mind that you can tell us?

Yep, I already made plans for 2010. I already working on Hitagi Senjōgahara (Bakemonogatari) and Maria Ushiromya (Umineko no naku koro ni ). Marino showed me Umineko and I really like the costumes there. I’m doing some other Nia-Costumes to, nothing to big. And I’m looking forward doing Hikaru (Strawberry Panic) and Magican Alice (Moetan). Aaaand, because I‘m a big Macross-Fan, Lynn Minmey! And I already am looking around what to make for the WCS-Pres-Round in Germany….


8)Could you tell us about your preparation to WCS? You're nervous and what are your expectations?

We have a lot of time in Germany for the next Pre-Rounds; it will be in September 2010.
But I found a good and talented partner this time, who is also part of “Tsuki no Senshi”. We’re not sure about the costumes, maybe something from “Kobato”, maybe something else. We’ll see. ^^


9)You have any cosplayers you admire?

Not really. When I was still a beginner I loved the costumes from Hiver and Elsch. Now, there’re both part of my friends. Every now and then, while I’m watching Conventions Photos I see some new cosplayers and they wearing a costume that fits them perfectly. Then I’m thinking that they’re really good.


10)What kind of music you like to listen?

Uhhhm, that’s difficult. Last.fm saying 5Bugs, Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Marit Larson and some Anime-Songs (mostly Macross Frontier and K-On).


11)You like video-games? If yes, what is your favorite (or favorites)?

……nothing. I just own a Nintendo DS with a three games. XD Sad what?
And: I used to “play” some Japanese Ero-Games. But now I own a MacBook (Apple ftw!!!) and most of them are just for windows….. T_T~


12)And animes, which ones are your favorites and which ones you're watching now?

I really loved ToraDora, Macross (- 7, - Frontier), Gurren Laggan, K-On and Utena.
This season I’m watching Kobato, Nyan Koi, Kimi ni Todoke, To aru kagaku no Railgun and still has to finish Bakemonogatari.


13)What your family and friends think about your hobby?

First they wasn’t really happy about it. Like “living in a dream world” and “You’re spending to much money” I heard everything. For the last three years I’m living on my own and my family don’t see what I’m doing. I’m showing them photos and telling Con-Stories, I think they pretty much approved my hobby. Better than drug dealing, ne?


14)You have any hobby besides cosplay?

Fashion and shopping! Watching American TV Show, cooking, decorating my flat, coffee and spending time with my boyfriend. And I want a Dog, some cute Pomerian. I spend my childhood on a homestead with lots of animals. I am really missing that here in Munich.


15)You have many fans outside the Germany?

First of all, I don’t think I have Fans. That’s sounds creepy. I’m happy when people like my work and leaving nice comments and encouraging me. But does that count as Fans? I’m not sure. Some people here in Germany think I’m a self-centered bitch who’s backbite about everybody, but that’s not true.


16)To finish, please leave a message to your overseas fans.

Hey Everybody. I’m really happy you read this interview. I hope I could tell you what cosplay means for me. I’m really happy over your comments on DeviantArt, Cosplay.Com or everywhere else. Please keep writing me!

--

Versão em Português:



1)Conte-nos um pouco sobre você.

Olá. Eu tenho 22 anos e sou estudante de Etnologia Européia em Munique/Alemanha. Eu moro com meu namorado no centro de Munique (Se alguém precisar de um lugar para ficar por alguns dias: Fale conosco!). Depois dos estudos eu quero trabalhar como Jornalista, eu já trabalhei na maior revista jovem da Alemanha e em alguns outros jornais e estações de TV.


2)Quando você começou a fazer cosplay? E como você se sentiu quando foi de cosplay ao evento.

Eu comecei a fazer cosplay na Animagic em 2003 – o maior evento da Alemanha naquela época. Minha primeira roupa foi a Meroko do “Fullmoon wo Sagashite”. Eu não fiz ela sozinha como minhas três roupas seguintes. No natal de 2004 meu avó me deu uma máquina de costura e eu comecei a costurar sozinha.
Eu usei a Meroko nos três (!) dias de evento. E eu me senti tão bem. Pessoas vinham e começavam a falar comigo só porque eu estava usando uma roupa. Nos meus primeiros anos como cosplayer eu conheci tantas pessoas, a maioria são meus amigos até hoje. Isso me deixa muito feliz. Depois desses três dias meus pés doíam tanto só por causa do salto-alto.


3)O que é importante em um personagem para que você decida fazer o cosplay dele/dela?

Primeiro, o personagem precisa representar uma parte minha. Olha a Yui do K-On. Ela é preguiçosa e idiota, mas é adorável. Parece um espelho – um pouco. Outra maneira que eu escolho as roupas. Elas tem que ser fofas. É bem idiota, né? Mas depois de pensar “Oh, isso parece legal!” Eu assisto o show ou leio o manga.
E eu também faço parte de um grupo de cosplay musical chamado “Tsuki no Senshi”. Nós ficamos bem popular com nosso musical do Kingdom Hearts. Depois nós faremos “Eternal Sonata” eu estarei fazendo a Beat.


4)Qual o seu cosplay favorito até hoje?

Eu amo a minha roupa da Taiga, mas eu não estou 100% feliz com a peruca. Mas eu amo a Taiga tanto, eu estou muito feliz com a roupa. E o meu vestido da Yui. É tão confortável – igual ao vermelho da Ranka. Roupas confortáveis são boas.


5)E ainda sobre as roupas, qual foi a mais difícil que você teve que fazer? Ou a que mais te deu dor de cabeça.

Nia do “Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan”
Eu queria aquela roupa a anos mas sempre tive medo de fazer. Eu sou muito ruim fazendo artesanato e a Nia usa todas aquelas jóias. Eu gastei três meses pensando em como fazer tudo. A parte da costura foi bem fácil e a parte de artesanato foi divertida, porque tudo funcionou como eu pensei. Eu quero fazer a capa dela para as próximas fotos!


6)Conte-nos mais sobre a sua Ranka com a cenoura gigante. É um cosplay incrível e engraçado.

Ah, A Cenoura!! XD Começou com uma brincadeira mas no fim eu tinha que fazê-la, eu gosto muito da Ranka e “Ninjin Loves yeah” é uma música engraçada. Foi muito difícil pra mim fazer a Cenoura. Eu usei um rolo de espuma e cortei com uma faca. Nós temos flocos de espuma por todo o lugar. E passar o tecido pela cenoura foi um inferno, ainda bem que meu namorado me ajudou. Eu usei a roupa no Sábado de manhã em Connichi, aonde eu trabalho como assistente do evento. No Sábado eles sempre vendem os últimos 500 ingressos para o evento, então tinham pessoas na fila desde de manhã em frente a ao Salão de Entrada. Meus amigos e eu tivemos a idéia de entreter o pessoa que estava esperando. Nós compramos um moooooonte de cenouras e distribuímos enquanto cantávamos “Ninjin Loves yeah” e falamos um pouco com todo mundo. Depois que as minhas cenouras (as de verdade XD) acabaram. Eu dei o horário dos eventos... Aquilo foi bem divertido, mesmo eu me sentindo um pouco nua com nada além da polaina, camisa e a cenoura.



7)Você tem algum cosplay em mente que você possa nos contar?

Sim, eu já fiz planos para 2010. Eu já estou trabalhando na Hitagi Senjougahara (Bakemonogatari) e Maria Ushiromiya (Umineko no naku koro ni). Marino me mostrou Umineko e eu realmente gostei das roupas no anime. Eu também estou fazendo outras roupas da Nia, nada grande. E eu estou ansiosa em fazer a Hikaru (Strawberry Panic) e Magican Alice (Moetan). Eeeee, já que eu sou uma grande fã de Macross, Lynn Minmey! Eu já estou procurando o que usar para as eliminatórias do WCS na Alemanha...


8)Poderia nos contar sobre a sua preparação pro WCS? Você está nervosa e quais são as suas expectativas?

Nós temos muito tempo na Alemanha até as próximas eliminatórias; será em Setembro de 2010. Eu achei uma boa e talentosa parceira dessa vez, que também faz parte do “Tsuki no Senshi”. Nós não temos certeza ainda das roupas, talvez algo do “Kobato”, ou algo diferente. Nós veremos.^^


9)Tem algum cosplayer que você admire?

Acho que não. Quando eu estava começando eu adorava as roupas de Hiver e Elsch. Agora, eles são meus amigos. Vez ou outra, quando eu estou vendo as fotos de evento eu vejo alguns cosplayers novos e vejo eles usando roupas que realmente encaixam com eles. Daí eu penso que eles são muito bons.


10)Que tipo de música você gosta de ouvir?

Uhhhm, isso é difícil. Last.fm diz 5Bugs, Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Marit Larson e algumas músicas de Anime (a maioria do Macross Frontier e K-On).


11)Você gosta de vídeo-games? Se sim, qual seu favorito (ou favoritos)?

........nada. Eu tenho um Nintendo DS com três jogos. XD Triste não?
E eu costumava “jogar” alguns Jogos erro. Mas agora eu tenho meu próprio MacBook (Apple ftw!!!) e a maioria deles é só para windows...... T_T~



12)Quais animes que você gosta? E quais você tem assistido atualmente?

Eu realmente amei TodaDora, Macross (- 7, - Frontier), Gurren Laggan, K-On e Utena.
Essa temporada eu estou assistindo Kobato, Nyan Koi, Kimi ni Todoke, To aru kagaku no Railgun e ainda tenho que terminar o Bakemonogatari.


13)O que a sua família e amigos pensam do seu hobby?

No começou eles não estavam muito felizes com isso. Tipo “vivendo no mundo da fantasia” e “Você está gastando muito dinheiro” eu ouvi de tudo. Nós últimos três anos eu estou morando sozinha e minha família não vê o que eu estou fazendo. Eu mostro a eles as minhas fotos e conto sobre os eventos, eu acho que eles aprovaram meu hobby. Melhor que tráfico de drogas, certo?


14)Quais são seus hobbys além do cosplay?

Moda e compras! Assistir programas Americanos, cozinhar, decorar meu flat, café e ficar junto do meu namorado. E eu quero um cachorro, um fofinho como Pomerian. Na minha infância eu tive vários animais, e eu sinto muita falta disso aqui em Munique.


15)Você tem muitos fãs fora da Alemanha?

Primeiro, eu não acho que tenha fãs. Isso soa bizarro, eu fico feliz quando as pessoas gostam do meu trabalho e deixam comentários legais e me encorajam, Mas isso conta como fãs? Eu acho que não. Algumas pessoas aqui na Alemanha acham que eu sou muito centrada que só fala mal de todo mundo, mas isso não é verdade.


16)Para finalizar, deixe uma mensagem para os seus fãs.

Olá pessoal. Eu fico muito feliz que você tenha lido essa entrevista. Eu espero que tenha explicado o que cosplay significa pra mim. Eu estou muito feliz com os seus comentários no DeviantArt, Cosplay.com ou qualquer outro lugar. Por favor continuem me escrevendo!

3 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

Cara... Que Dejiko mal feita. Sério. Toda a minha atenção foi sugada por esse cosplay mal feito de Dejiko.

:: Luthy Lothlorien :: disse...

Ahá, achou uma que fala tanto quanto eu, né! hauahauhauahaua
Muito simpática essa menina *_*
Adorei ela!! \o/
E os cosplays dela são lindos! Quem comentou (e não mostrou a cara) que o primeiro cosplay que ela fez ficou feio e mal feito deveria entender que nem todo mundo consegue começar com um cosplay estupendo, né... Tá bonitinha, sim!
Vale um troféu joinha essa entrevista *u*

Anônimo disse...

E que diferença faz mostrar a cara se a cosplayer nem sabe o idioma que eu falo? Use a lógica antes de tentar dar lição de moral.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails