09 janeiro 2007

Rurouni Kenshin Novels


So, today I finally finished the both novels from Rurouni Kenshin that were released here in Brazil a few months ago. And I must say that I'm quite impressed and disappointed at the same time with the novels.

I'll start out with the good stuff. The translations were done very very well and have thousands of notes about historical figures and anything else you should know, like places, Buddhist mantras, kanjis translations, etc. It was a perfect (in my point of view) translation and I hope that more novels like these get released here in the future. The Suzumiya Haruhi or Kino no Tabi novels would be a good thing right? (Let a little man dream!) ^_^

Now for the bad stuff: the absolutely lack of original stories.

The only original story was the first one in the 1st volume and that's it. All other three stories (each Volume has two stories) are already in the original manga released 3 years before.

Of course that I still enjoyed reading those battles and adventures again and with some new information here and there about the places and stuff, but that's it. I only enjoyed reading again because I'm a huge fan of Rurouni Kenshin series, I bet that most people would get bored reading something that they already saw. That's the only flaw I saw.

Do I recommend this novels to everyone? Yes! But only if you're a fan of Rurouni Kenshin or you're interested in the history of the Meiji Era, otherwise I would say that it's better for you to read the manga.

Nenhum comentário:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails